Monday 7 October 2013

A Poem Called Me

This morning, words came to me in a fast flow that, from one single broken sentence, quickly evolved itself into a poem.  I called it simply, Me.  These words flowed straight from my heart and fell from my fingertips in a cascade of droplets.  Perhaps here, I am, revealed on this page, my simpleness thrown wide open to all.  I hope you will like it.


Me
I am
Truly
An enigma
All things
Are found in me
And at the heart
There I lie
The real me
The true me
One heart
One soul
One life
One path
One love
One
Like all things
The beginning
The end
Complete and whole
Me.
  _________________________
 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'm wrong but I see a tendency towards simplification in your poetry. Maybe it's just the past 2-3 poems, maybe it's a coincidence. It's a little bit like going from baroque furniture to some very clear and simple Danish design. (I purposefully avoided using IKEA in the comparison.) I personally like this trend a lot. These few words convey a heavy message much more powerfully than a more complex and adorned poem. That's for simple-minded people like me.

    ReplyDelete