Wednesday 6 November 2013

A Heart That Withers

This evening, one single thought came into my mind and with that thought, I opened my heart, let whatever was there flow out from within.  My soul released, to reveal my true self.

A Heart That Withers
Time to give up
Walk away
You got me
I get it now
Mirror in the bathroom
There I stand
I laugh
Seriously funny
You could not make it up
Could you?
Did He?
The Big Guy
Make it up
Made it happen
And if he did
Why?
To watch me suffer
See me cry
To wrestle with conflicted
Emotions of the heart
Why?
Better to end it
Leave it be
There on the floor
Where I'll lay
When it's over
Before it began
To save me from this
All this
Misery
Pain
Suffering
And the question
Why me?
For what purpose?
Show me a ray
Hope
Sunlight
My garden withers
Drops of water
But none for the soil
Only my cheek
As another dream
Shatters on the floor
Glass fragments
Take one
Blood on the palm
Cuts the heart
Fly like a bird
Released.
_________________________

2 comments:

  1. Very deep, painful and powerful.

    I'm wondering - would it make it easier to accept our lives if we TRULY accepted one day that there was no reasoning, no higher purpose, no Big Guy, no destiny? If every single question beginning with "Why?" had one answer: "Just because." No other purpose than this is how life happens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it more and more each time. I wish you could turn it into a rap song.

    ReplyDelete