Friday 16 November 2012

Barefeet and Board Shorts

This afternoon, I decided to take myself off down to the beach to read a little, to watch the waves of the ocean, and as is always more than likely, to swim.  I just cannot keep myself out of the water, it has always been mesmerising to me.  It lures me in, calling softly to me, until I can resist it no more.  It has always been this way and it always will be.  As I cycled along the short stretch of road that runs alongside the beach of Playa Potrero, a thought came unbidden to my head, which caused me to smile and then I found that I could not stop myself from grinning.

The thought was a simple one:  I was cycling barefoot and wearing only a pair of board shorts, while cycling along the side of a beautiful beach in Costa Rica, with a hot sun shining down upon my naked skin.

It occurred to me in that moment that I was, after all, living my dream.  This may not seem like a big deal, there are probably thousands of people who get to do this every day, but that is not the point.  The point is simply this:-

No matter how big or small you may think your dream, by realising it you will find happiness and contentment.  You will experience emotions that come from the very core of your soul.  You will know the truth of it because your heart will speak of it to you. And you will not stop from smiling when you realise it.

There are always bigger dreams.  There are always other paths to walk.  Every once in a while though, you have to take a moment to give thanks for all the achievements that you have made, all of the battles that you have won, and for all of the steps that you have taken along your chosen path.

In these moments, I give thanks to the Creator for all that I have experienced.  I give thanks for having the courage to set out and for having the courage to continue, even in those times when the road becomes difficult and the future is uncertain and hidden from my view.


I am here,
I am now,
I am alive,
I am all things,
And all things are me,
My soul cries out in joy,
My heart runs free,
I am everything,
I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment