Thursday 22 November 2012

Dear Heart

There are times in life when we should give thanks for the journey and to our constant companion and loyal friend.  That friend is your heart.  Treat it well.  Look after it.  Your heart is always looking out for you.
______________________________

Dear heart,

You have shown me so much and we have enjoyed many good times together, which I will always cherish.  You have been with me when the road was tough and I was not able to see my way forward.  When I needed a light to shine through the darkness, it was you who brought the light.  You were there when I suffered, when I felt pain, anguish and sorrow.  You did not desert me.  You waited for me, until I was ready to go on again.  You have shown me what it means to love.  And you have let me experience the pain of loss.  You leaped for joy with me and felt my excitement when I saw the most amazing sights and heard the most incredible sounds.  You opened my eyes to the miracles of life that happen all around me.  You were there when I was among family and friends and loved ones, and you have kept me company when I was alone.  You have shown me what it means to have courage and you have shown me what it means to have fear.  You have taught me the lessons of forgiveness and compassion for others.  You have taught me that whatever path I chose to walk in my life, there is always a price that must be paid.  When I needed someone to talk to, you were there and when I needed to hear a friendly voice, it was always your voice that called out to me.

You are a gift dear and precious heart and for this, I thank you.

Forever your companion and friend,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment