Wednesday 18 September 2013

Letters - A Poem

This evening, I sat down with every intention to write a blog post about an idea that came to me a few days ago.  The thought was how I see it as necessary to regard your present situation as a single paragraph in the book of your life.  As I was writing, something took over and I began to write whatever came to me.  The urging was to form these words into verse.  And so I did.  I hope you like it.  I called it Letters. 

Letters
Letters 
Form words
That make sentences
Which grow into paragraphs
And become chapters
Of a story
Your life
In a moment
Between each page
Hidden mysteries
Waiting to be discovered
Journeys to be made
No end
Only beginnings
Continuing the cycle
That is life
We are born again
To continue what was begun
Long before
At the very dawning of all
Evolution of the soul
Our task in this life
Take it as far as you can
As high as you can
Walk, learn, grow
Then fade away
Task complete
And live another day
Another life
A different story
Same heart
New letters.

_________________________

1 comment:

  1. This should go in the Best of Andysmith collection. Very very good one :)

    ReplyDelete